Monday, February 14, 2011

Inspiration

While digging into blog-land over the weekend, I came up with the inspiration for the upstairs bedroom. I'd been struggling with what color to paint that room and had yet to come up with anything. I was originally think a light aqua color, but I wasn't really feeling passionate about the color.

Here's the room I'm referring to:



These pictures were taken on move-in day and the room has remained completely unchanged since then, which was 11 months ago.  There's zero furniture in the room and it currently houses some boxes and coolers.  Glamorous, huh?  When we get the money from our tax return, the plan is to buy to twin beds for this room.  I don't expect that it'll ever be used as anyone's permanent bedroom, but it'll be a fun room for overflow guests and for future kids to have slumber parties and stuff. 

Anyway, color scheme will be this:




Yes, orange walls.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it'll be fun.  The room layout will be similar to this:

Source unknown

Domino magazine 

Source unknown

Of course, I still have to paint the trim before I really even get started, so don't expect to see any "Befores and Afters" in the very near future.  But sometime this spring, hopefully.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...