Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bathroom Inspiration

Someday (soon?) we're going to remodel our master bathroom.  Why?  Let me count the ways:

1)  No medicine cabinets = cluttered countertops
2)  The vanity is too short
3)  The countertop is AWFUL
4)  There is no way to keep the shower grout clean.  This is disgusting (and embarrassing), but the corners of the shower are always black
5)  The shower door is missing all of its hardware
6)  The shower tile is a bit dated
7)  The floor tiles don't match and it. drives. me. crazy.


This is kind of what I have in mind:

Source:  Can't remember

I love the dark floor tile and very simple, clean look.  Should be easy enough to do without spending a fortune.  We remodeled the master bath in our first house for about $1,500 and I expect that we could do this bathroom for about $2,500.  Like our first house, we'll keep the footprint the same, which keeps costs and time down and allows us to keep it a DIY project instead of having to hire stuff out.

I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...