Monday, May 2, 2011

Hooray for preggo friends!

One of my super good friends from college just emailed me last week to tell me she's preggo!  Wheeeeeee!  I'm super super thrilled for her and her hubby--they're one of the best couples I know and they're going to be awesome parents. 

They moved into a new house this winter and now it's time for them to decorate a nursery.  They're not sure what they're having yet and are undecided on whether or not to find out.  (I personally think she's having a girl.  Based on nothing of course.)

Anyway, she wants to paint the room with wide gray and white stripes, which I think will look great with her preppy-ish style.  So here's the preppy-inspired, gender neutral nursery I dreamed up for her:



Of course, once they find out if it's a boy or a girl, they can add some pale pink or some dark blue accents in the form of accessories, like books, storage, and a mobile.

And now for the sources:

Crib, Overstock, $179
Pendant light, Ikea, $90
Love Poster, Etsy, $25
Grey fabric (for bedding), Premier Prints, $9.99 per yard
Yellow fabric (as curtains and as bedding), Premier Prints, $11.99 per yard
Mirror, Z Gallerie, $179
Faux Bois rug, Home Decorators, $397 for an 8' x 10'
Elephant Lamp, Jonathan Adler, $350
Monkey fist doorstop, Uncommon Goods, $40
Chaise, Ikea, $299
Monogrammed Pillow, Luxury Monograms, $95
Ceramic side table, West Elm, $129

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...