Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shellac Manicure

On Saturday I felt like I needed a bit of beautification, so I decided to get my nails done.  I know this doesn't sound significant, but I honestly can't remember the last time I had a manicure.  It's been years.  With my former nail-biting habit and current habit of picking at my cuticles and tearing my nails, manicures were just a waste of money for me.

Then my coworker told me about a shellac manicure that she got and it lasted about 3 weeks, so I decided to try.  I think it may have cost about $5 more than a regular manicure, but it won't chip for 2-3 weeks!  So I decided to give it a try and so far I'm really really happy with it.  Here we are 4 days later and no chips!  (That's unheard of for me.)  Plus, my nails feel stronger and so I'm not tearing and picking at them like I normally do!  Hooray!

Oh yeah, and I got a new shiny sparkly a few weeks ago as a replacement for my grandmother's ruby ring and my 30th birthday Tiffany key necklace.  The style is remniscent of the ruby ring and the stone (peridot) is interesting and a bit unusual.



I'll post an update of my manicure in a week or so--I'm optimistic this will actually last!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...