Thursday, April 14, 2011

Weekend Project

This weekend I plan to stencil our entry way.  Wheeeeee!  I really like the idea of wallpaper, but that's not really in the budget at the moment.  I've found some great looking stencils (at Olive Leaf Stencils--there are a ton of cool patterns), but one is too big and they both require shipping and I'm really impatient.  So, I'll just have to make my own!  (I've done it before actually and it's surprisingly easy.)

Here's the entry way as it is now:




Stencil A, which I love:


The only problem is that the scale is HUUUUUUUUUGE:


I could probably find a way to make it myself in a much smaller scale.

Stencil B, which I also love, but I really want to stencil this weekend and I'm not sure how long it'll take to ship:



So, we'll have to see.  I plan on using some of the Martha Stewart Precious Metals paint in either Bone or Tin, so the effect will be subtle.  I'll be sure to post pics.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...