After a few months of hard work, the front of our house is looking how I had envisioned. As a refresher, here's what the house looked like in February:
It wasn't bad, but I didn't love the army green door and shutters. So I painted the front door red and it looked better:
The yard was still a mess though. Half of the lawn was ripped up due to my crabgrass removal project. Good times! Then we had even more good times when I ordered 10 yards of mulch (which in case you didn't know, is a LOT of friggin' mulch).
The mulch made everything look a bit better though:
The shutters were still that weird green, but I wasn't really looking forward to painting them. Enter my parents. Although it's my dad's birthday today, his idea of a fun birthday weekend was to come over to our place to paint our shutters. Don't have to twist my arm!
So my parents got to work and instead of a weird green, the shutters are now a flat almost-black (Behr's Stealth Jet, in case you're wondering). It's a very subtle difference, but I'm really happy with how the shutters turned out.
Last weekend my mom and I picked out some planters for the front door area and some of the beds and got to work. I think the planters will look great once they start to fill in a bit more.
Plus, Mother Nature hasn't exactly been slacking off either. The dogwoods are in full bloom and the grass is finally starting to fill in. We still have massive amounts of weed removal to do, but we're making progress.