Monday, April 25, 2011

DONE!

Happy Monday!  (Is there such a thing?)  Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!  I had Friday of and what did I do?  Stencil some more, of course.  (And then I did the same on Saturday.)  Seriously, this was the project that would. not. end.  But it did eventually end.  Thank GOD!

As a refresher, here's what the entry looked like before I lost my ever-loving mind stenciling (when I took photos for our one-year house anniversary):



Then after spending most of last weekend stenciling:




But it wasn't totally done at that point.  I had one and a half walls done, but two and a half left to do.  A day and a half more and ta da!




In my impatience, I didn't wash the stencil as often as I should have and ended up with some spots that looked downright sloppy.  I was too irritated at that point to take detailed photos, so you'll just have to take my word for it.  In the end I ended up getting out a small paint brush and touching things up a bit with the Sharkey Gray.  So, if there's a lesson to be learned, when stenciling, wash early and was often.  Kapiesh?

Also, the pattern doesn't line up 100%, but I don't really care to be perfectly honest.  Realistically, I'm probably going to be the only one that notices, so I'm going to let it go.  Ahhhhh...that feels good.  :)

1 comment:

Rob said...

That's "capish" (from the actual Italian capisci, pronounced cah-PEE-shee). Stenciling looks awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...