Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Up Next: The Living Room!

Sometime in the next year or so, I actually plan on finishing the living room.  We need to get rid of the massive over-scale red chair which has never gotten much use, then we'll bring in some side chairs, a rug, and some side tables.  I'd love to get a rug in there soon, but first I need to figure out what fabrics I'll use on the chairs (and then buy the chairs), and that'll guide the rug decision.

I used a neutral rug in this inspiration board below, but I'm also toying with the idea of bringing in some color from the artwork into the rug decision.  It'll be easier to pick the chair fabric first and then the rug than vice versa, so as much as I'm chomping at the bit to buy a rug, I know it'll be the smart thing to hold off for a little longer.


1 comment:

Rachel Neil said...

I like your idea of putting a bookshelve unit on either side of a beautiful sofa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...