Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dining Room Colors

So, last Friday I posed the question: what color should I paint our dining room?  The beige-ish color isn't really doing much for me.  It's not that it's bad, but it's just not fantastic either.  Here's what it looks like today:



See?  It's...fine. 

Anyway, I was originally thinking green, like this:


But I think those are too saturated for what I'm after.  Then I was thinking pink, but not totally sold on it.  So my friend April suggested a moody, mossy, brownish-green and I picked up some swatches.  I taped them up to the wall to see what they look like in the light and immediately ruled out the pink (too light).


But I think I've stumbled upon The Color:


(Yeeeeeeah, Photoshopping skillz!)  It's Thunderhead by Martha Stewart--a moody, sexy (?) brownish-grayish-green and I think it'll be just all around good.  I'm NOT painting it this coming weekend though--I've decided I'm spending this weekend finishing some unfinished projects (I'm QUEEN of finishing 95% of things), so I'll be touching up other painting projects here and there and doing some yard cleanup.  Good times.

FYI, I've unintentionally amassed quite a stack of Martha Stewart paint swatches.  Oops!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...