Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm back!

Sorry about that hiatus there--I'm back now!  Last week was my work week of craziness and I'm happy to report that I survived!  Ninety-one hours, most of which was on my feet, did a number on my body but I held up pretty well overall.  Nothing a massage can't fix.

Yesterday was the kidney transplant and I'm also VERY happy to report that both of my brothers-in-law fared just fine and are now recovering in the hospital.  They'll probably be there until Friday or Saturday and then they'll make the transition to our house.  It was a fascinating thing to be a part of and in many aspects it reminded me of flying in an airplane: it's something that is mind-blowing in theory to most of us, but to the surgeons and pilots that perform their duties, it's something routine and actually rather boring.  And boring is not always a bad thing:  I think you generally want "boring" when it comes to surgeries and flights!

So, anyway.  There's a brief update.  Sorry for the lack of pretty pictures and house projects lately.  It'll pick back up again in the coming weeks as life returns to normal.  Thanks for understanding!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...