This weekend I tackled a project I'd been putting off for several months: painting the bonus room. I knew it was going to be a bitch and I was totally right (woohoo?). The bonus room takes up most of the length of the house upstairs and to matters even more fun, it has a stairwell, three dormer windows, and some other strange corners to paint around. Plus acres upon acres of unpainted, unfinished molding.
I started off several months ago by painting the windows and the baseboards. Griz was very helpful:
I chose the color Chinchilla by Martha Stewart for the walls and spent several hours on Saturday cutting in all the corners and edges. Again...UGH.
I got an edging tool that screwed right on to an extension rod and was able to paint the edges around the ceiling on the stairwell wall. Still not sure how to go about painting those weird little cut-out windows, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Annnnnnnnnnnnyway, after 6 HOURS of painting on Sunday, I finally finished. There's a bit of touching up to do here and there and a strip of baseboard that I hadn't gotten to yet, but for the most part, it's DONE. WHEW.