Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We have art!

Ever since we moved in to the new house in March, I've been looking for some art to hang above the couch in the family room.  The family room is sunken by about a foot, meaning that there's more wall space than there is in the rest of the house, resulting in a big blank wall.

I wanted something that worked with our existing color scheme (below) and I wanted it to be large (no gallery wall--too much visual clutter for this room) and I wanted it cheap.


So, off to Home Goods for me!  I got these two pieces for $100.  Admittedly, they're mass produced and not the most original things on the planet, but that's fine with me.  Better than staring at a blank wall.


This is what I'm talking about when referring to visual clutter.  I like the way the bookcases look up close, but when taking a step back, there's a lot going on here.  I also think painting the brick fireplace could help considerably, but I have yet to convince the husband.  Hmpf.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...