Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Spread

We had a fabulous little Thanksgiving at our place this year.  Just me, Chris, my parents and my brother-in-law, Bryan.  We did the traditional spread with a few variations due to some diet restrictions:  turkey, cranberry onion confit, apple sage stuffing, mashed cauliflower and a green salad.  Chris did all the cooking while my parents and I spent a good chunk of the day pulling up crabgrass from the front yard.  We're productive like that. 


We have "boundary issues" in our household.

We wanted to keep the whole afternoon as simple as possible, so we used mostly stuff we already had, save for the green tablecloth.  To start, I used our everyday plates, silverware and some pumpkin colored napkins.  Then I added some persimmons, silver-plated dessert glasses, some fake leaves and berries, and some tapers in some pretty candle stick holders.  I also used my grandmother's salt cellars and then topped the tablescape off with some crystal dishes with candy corn and the gold butter knives I purchased at Metrolina.  Very festive, but nice and simple.


Chris had everything to do with the turkey and the rest of the meal, which came out perfectly, as usual. 

The world's a crazy place these days, so it's nice to take some time out to remember that there's still a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...