I didn't really think our house was in too much need of help, especially since we've remodeled the master bathroom and the kitchen, but when I took photos of the house? Oh. my. god. We have a lot of stuff. I don't know if it's because we've lived here almost 4 years, or because we have pack-rat tendencies, but we've accumulated a lot. Far more than I ever remember purchasing.
This week's tasks were to:
- make a complete list of repairs and solutions (see below)
- vacuum and mop floors (today's project)
- remove one item from the house and put it outside or donate it (I'm getting rid of my old stereo from high school and college)
- buy fresh flowers (done)
- sit for ten minutes in a part of your home that you never sit in for new perspective (done)
- look into Earth friendly cleaning products (done).
So here's our to-do list. A lot of this is not going to get done in the 8 week cure, but I'm hoping to at least get rid of a lot of junk around the house and fix some things that have been bugging me.
- Add hook to entry-way closet for scarves
- Finish reupholstering living room chair
- Buy a new entertainment center
- Declutter bookshelf in living room
- Refinish and install cabinet doors in pantry
- Sell books to used book store and donate the rest to the library
- Sell some cds and store the rest
- Purchase organizer for gift wrap
- Fix windows in guest room and office so they can be opened.
- Insulate attic pull-down
- Install new showerhead in guest bath
- Install crown molding in guest room and office
- Hem curtain in master bedroom
- Install bamboo blind in kitchen
- Install new screen doors
- Fix crack in wall in master bedroom
- Hang full length mirror
- Get rid of under-the-bed clutter
- Remove most tools and paint supplies from guest room closet
There is just a LOT of stuff to get rid of: old cell phones, books, scraps of paper, cds, half-used candles, etc. Our trash collector is going to hate me for this.