Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was fabulous--the weather cooled down a ton (enough for me to put on a sweater!) and gave us a tease of fall.  With highs in the low 60's and rain on Saturday, it was the perfect day to do just a few errands and then stay at home with the slow cooker on (I made shredded beef tacos) and work on a few things around the house.

I also bought this book over the weekend and you know what?  I'm loving it.


As with almost every home/design books, there are photos that I love and some that don't do anything for me at all, but overall I think it's a great book.  There's a huge mix of styles so there's a little something for everyone and the projects also range from completely simple, why-didn't-I-think-of-that? ideas, to the more complex.  I haven't gotten all the way through the book yet (it's about 400 pages and I'm taking my time), but I think this will be a book I go back to again and again.

Also, last night was the Emmys, which--don't let anyone fool you--is all about the dresses, not about the awards.  My favorite?


Kate Winslet can really do no wrong in my book.  She always looks fabulous and she seems smart, fairly normal and down to earth, and really classy. 


Least favorite?


Gwyneth's hair looked stringy and would have looked better if it were pulled up and I'm not a fan of the bare midriff.

Photos from Yahoo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...