Friday, September 2, 2011

Game Plan

I've finally come up with a plan for the nursery.  After scouring fabric stores and coming up empty handed, I headed over to Furbish to check out Jamie's fabric room and finally found what I was looking for. 

To back up, here's the room that will be the nursery:



I painted the walls navy awhile ago and so the color stays, as does the rug that I purchased a few months ago.  Overall, the room has to be gender neutral, since we don't know what we're having.  I also want it to be a happy room, but not too "baby-ish" (if that makes any sense).

I want to add orange into the mix and needed some fabric to tie things together.  I love this fabric and will use it to cover the cushions on the rocker:

Celerie Kemble's Betwixt

This fabric, while it's been used all over the blogosphere for awhile now, is also perfect as it ties in the navy and orange and brings in all sorts of other colors.  Since it's mega-expensive (for me), I'll bring a small dose of it in via a throw pillow for the rocker:

Schumacher Chiang Mai Dragon

Alright, so I put it all together and this is more or less what I'm after:


I got the dresser this week at Ikea and we'll assemble it this weekend.  I also got some cream curtains, so those will be going up too.  Hopefully I can find some fun trim to add on to the curtains.

What do we think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...