Monday, July 14, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend

A little late, but here are some pics from the Fourth of July. We spent that weekend at my parents' condo on Lake Norman, near Charlotte, NC. It's spectacular even the most ordinary circumstances, but the Fourth was amazing. We saw tons of firework and add to that a bunch of beer and wine and a meal consisting solely of ribs and dessert, and we were pretty happy.








And finally, there were the baby ducks. So. freaking. cute. There were 8 of them and they came around periodically to be fed, so we'd hold some bread over the wall and they'd jump out to get it out of your fingers:

And that, along with a LOT of rain, was our Fourth of July weekend and it was fabulous.

4 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

Looks like a great weekend. I'd be lovin' the all rib and dessert diet. And the ducks are freaking cute.

Anonymous said...

Silly ducks. Why jump when you can fly?

Tina said...

I went to Disney World years ago with a then-bf and he told me fireworks wouldn't show up on pics. What a liar. I didn't believe him then and after seeing your pics, I especially don't believe him now.

I wouldn't eat the ribs but those ducks look yummy...

Shey said...

Sounds like a fun time!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...