Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm Pretty Sure This Will Cause Some Trouble for my Dad

We made more much-needed progress on the kitchen today: we needed to put in two more base cabinets to make some room in the living room before we host 8 people for Thanksgiving on Thursday. These two cabinets made us a bit nervous because it dealt with the sink, which means plumbing is involved! And, really, who doesn't love plumbing???

We started off the morning by installing the ribbed glass panels in the wall cabinet:

(The drywall has since been patched.) I'm pretty sure we had this done before 8 am, but who's keeping track?

Next we removed the countertop and took out the two base cabinets. Not too difficult. And installing the new base cabinets really wasn't all that bad either. We had everything installed and the plumbing reattached by 4 pm.

Here's the end result, which I'm pretty sure is going to mean a complete kitchen remodel for my parents in either of their two kitchens, since I'm pretty sure this is what my mom's wanted for the past 15 years at least.


We have two (count them, TWO!) drawers that fully pull out. Daddy, are you taking notes?

And...behold! A doo-hickey that holds the sponges!!!

That, my friends, is living.

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

I, for one, happen to love plumbing. I could watch it being done all day long.

Oh yes, the sponge doohickey! I made sure we had one of those installed 9 years ago, and I still love it.

Shey said...

wow Lindz it's incredible! What a difference those cabinets make! I'm jealous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...