Tuesday, March 16, 2010

30 Before 30


I'm turning 30 in January 2011 and after reading the book "Julie and Julia", I decided I'm making a bucket list of things to do before I turn 30.  Here goes...

  1. Take a photography class
  2. Go to Seattle with the hubby (tickets purchased!)
  3. Sell the house (done 3/26)
  4. Run a 5k
  5. Visit Las Vegas for a weekend (I've been once upon a time and know better than to go for longer than a weekend)
  6. Learn to crochet
  7. Watch all the Star Wars movies (watched all 3 original movies, still deciding if I should watch the newer 3--thoughts???)
  8. Do 5 unassisted consecutive pull ups
  9. Learn Photoshop
  10. Lose 10 pounds
  11. Start volunteering
  12. Start a vegetable garden
  13. See the North Carolina symphony
  14. Watch "The Sound of Music" (never seen it)
  15. Watch "Gone with the Wind" (again, never seen it)
  16. Learn to make poached eggs (done 1/15)
  17. Read one book per month (so far so good!)
  18. Read "The Hobbit"
  19. Learn to make a souffle
  20. Learn to paint my nails properly
  21. Learn to play chess
  22. Learn to play poker (not in Vegas)
  23. Buy a new (to us) house (done 3/26)
  24. Refinish a piece of furniture
  25. Go to a concert
  26. Blog at least once a week
  27. Build a chicken coop
  28. Stop biting my nails once and for all
  29. Pay off my car (20 months early)
  30. Learn my credit score

3 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

All worthy goals. As for the SW movies, ummm, well... go ahead and watch them. And afterwards say whatever you want about them (up to and including 'I could have written better dialogue while drunk!). Ahem.

(Play chess??)

eretria said...

I'd say watch the new SW and prepare to mock George Lucas. A LOT. (you will then understand why there's so much fanfic for it - it just needed to be fixed.)

Scott said...

A great list.
Show us the new house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...